The changing demands of customers are leading companies to find always new ways to adapt their offering to the technological trends. The introduction of the modern Progressive Web Apps (PWA) is part of the contemporary steps towards innovation.
The idea that lays behind the introduction of the Progressive Mobile Apps is to create a combination of the benefits of Mobile Apps with those of a traditional webpage. The solution aims, on one hand, to offer to the customers the easy and fast navigation typical of the Mobile Apps even on their laptops. While, on the other hand, it wants to assure the benefits of a better quality and visualization typical of the web browsers. The result can be considered a hybrid solution: it behaves as a website but it gradually shows to have the characteristics of a full-fledged Mobile App.
Why should your company invest in a progressive web app?
The benefits of a Progressive Web App
The introduction of the Progressive Mobile Apps brings with it some interesting benefits that are worth to be highlighted. There are numerous cases of success that witness that the benefits deriving from the adoption of a Progressive Web App are concrete and quantifiable.
According to the statistics collected on the website pwastats.com, most the companies saw a significant growth in their revenues and customers’ engagement levels.
Just to mention a few of them:
- Forbes had 2× increase of the user session length, 6× completion rate and 20% more impressions.
- Lancôme, saw a 17% increase in conversions, a 51% increase in mobile sessions a 12% increase in recovered carts.
- Pinterest had a 60% engagement increase, a 44% increase in user-generated ad revenue and a 40% more time spent on the site.
- Twitter Lite registered a 65% increase in pages per session, a 75% increase in Tweets sent and a 20% decrease in bounce rate.
These cases of success
help to identify some of the core characteristics of the Progressive Web Apps
that make them so innovative:
- They are adaptable to every kind of device and browser, being responsive and assuring the best navigation experience to every customer.
- They are reachable through the search engines and are indexed to be easily found and showed among the first results of the research. In fact, the PWA can be optimized thanks to the SEO strategies and can help to generate more traffic.
- They can work even offline, with no internet connection, continuing to show the contents that have already been downloaded.
- They are less heavy if compared to traditional apps, thanks to the contents optimization that assures a greater loading velocity.
- They are secure, since they use HTTPS that assures protection from external threats and possible vulnerability.
In terms of usability, these apps assure a better user experience. In fact, the main reason why companies may decide to invest on this solution is the improved engagement that derives from it. People can easily access to PWAs, they have intuitive user interfaces that reflect those of the mobile apps and they help companies to have an increased number of users and impressions.
Are the Progressive Web App becoming a “must-have” for companies?
Nevertheless, before deciding to develop a Progressive Web App, it is fundamental to evaluate different aspects and to understand if it would bring an improvement to your business.
There are cases in which the development of a native app could be more convenient or more appropriate. For example, if the app has to be downloaded from a store (App Store, Google Store..) or if it offers in-app purchases, when it has to be integrated with third parties’ solutions or when it requires specific mobile
features to assure its usability.
Therefore, despite the usage of the Progressive Web Apps is becoming more and more common, it is also true that they are not destined to completely replace the native apps. The benefits are evident but you should ask yourself if a PWA is what your company really needs or if it would rather be more effective to invest in other kind of activities.
According to these considerations, the PWA can be seen as a great tool to push the visibility and the revenues, but they cannot be classified as a must-have because their usage depends on a variety of factors that are not absolute valid for all the companies and all the sectors.
Piksel VCMS2: a valid support for your PWA development .
If your company is
taking into consideration the possibility to develop a Progressive Web App, we
can provide you what you need. In fact, in this context of continuous
innovations, Piksel, our parent company, provides the best solutions to fit
customers’ requirements, thanks to its product called Piskel VCMS2.
Piksel VCMS2, thanks to its headless
approach, is able to assure the best usability of all kind of contents in every
kind of communication mean, including, of course, Progressive Web Apps. It is
able to respond to these growing needs and to adapt contents for the
development of PWAs.
The Voyage Team in
addition can design and develop Progressive Web Apps using the most recent
technologies that are useful to build PWAs like React, Angular, Vue and so on.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about the multiple opportunities that you can have thanks to Piksel VCMS2.
The Covid19 pandemic is an unprecedented threat to the world, from both a health and socio-economic perspective. All sectors have suffered a...Read more